My CCNA Security 210-260 IINS Certification Journey

After having posted a few days ago about the ”CCNA Security IINS Exam (210-260): Is it Worth Obtaining?”, some people have asked me to share my learning experience for this exam.

210-260, CCNA Security, Cisco Certification, 210-260 CCNA Security, 210-260 Online Test, 210-260 Questions, 210-260 Quiz, CCNA Security Certification Mock Test, Cisco CCNA Security Certification, CCNA Security Mock Exam, CCNA Security Practice Test, Cisco CCNA Security Primer, CCNA Security Question Bank, CCNA Security Simulator, CCNA Security Study Guide, Cisco 210-260 Question Bank, IINS Exam Questions, Cisco IINS Questions, Implementing Cisco Network Security, Cisco IINS Practice Test

Without violating any Cisco Non-Disclosure agreements, here is what I can share with you:

Common Points

  • Both exams require that you pass two tests. Both demand passing the ICND1 exam as a prerequisite and then a second exam either ICND2 for R&S…or the IINS for Security.
  • Both exams were designed primarily of multiple-choice questions.
  • Both exams expect you to complete the exam within 90-minutes.
  • Both exams had some questions that (according to me) were written poorly. In other words, questions with only one “correct” answer and yet more-than-one answer could theoretically have been correct. In my opinion, there were more of these poorly-written questions in the CCNA Security IINS exam than I noticed in the CCNA R&S (ICND2) exam.

Differences:

  • CCNA R&S (ICND2) had far more Simulation (i.e., “Configure the protocol/feature”) questions than what I encounter on the IINS (210-260) exam.
  • CCNA R&S (ICND2) had given more importance on assaying your understanding of actual configuration-and-troubleshooting of IOS-based commands than the 210-260 IINS exam.
  • CCNA Security had far more significance on knowledge of theory and protocol distinctions than actual configuration than the ICND2 exam. Very few questions regarded knowledge of actual Cisco IOS commands or navigation of ASDM (or other GUIs).

The Stud Materials resources I used for IINS Certification Exam Preparation:

Official Certification Guide from Cisco. There has been a lot said about the book, and I can not disagree with what others have said. Although some topics are not included in great detail, the questions being asked in the exam wants you to have a better grasp on the fundamentals.

Practice tests from NWexam.com. This helped me a lot in my journey of earning CCNA Security certification. The site is intended to give you a real test situation that is similar to what you will encounter during the real exam. You can be sure that IINS practice questions you get from this site are trusted and reliable.

My Learning Experience for IINS Exam

My experience with the ICND2 is that the Cisco Press Official Certification Guide comprises all the information you need to know to pass that exam.

My learning experience for the CCNA Security 210-260 IINS exam is that the Cisco Press Official Certification Guide comprises almost 85% of the information required to pass the exam. The remaining 15% must be located elsewhere (online videos, blogs, other Cisco Study Guides).

There are more questions on the CCNA Security exam (I received 66-questions) than what I had to answer on the CCNA R&S (ICND2) exam (commonly around 50-55 questions).

You must obtain a higher score to crack the CCNA Security exam (my exam required a minimum of 870 out of 1000 to pass) than what I’ve observed on the CCNA R&S ICND2 exam which required somewhere between 810-830 out-of-1000 to pass).

The CCNA R&S emphasize principally on protocols/features found mostly at Layer-2 and Layer-3 of the OSI model.

The IINS exam leans more towards protocols/features found mostly at Layers-4 through 7 of the OSI model.

Everyone has their different learning strategy, hope my strategy will work for you.

All the Best!!

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s